Halfway House Brewery
Courtesy BCA D-01890
James Bland and his wife Elizabeth established the Halfway House in 1860. (143 bluebridge) The name for the brewery, which had an attached saloon came from its location as it was half way between Victoria and the naval station. It was closed in 1875 and became the Trentham Hotel. Today it is again the Halfway House and is the oldest establishment in Esquimalt still located in its original site.